Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Whole Year of Fashion Complete

Today marks the one year anniversary of A Fashionista's Guide to Halifax! I can't believe I have been writing the blog for a whole year, and honestly it has taken me to so many fun events and pushed me to do so many fun projects. I didn't expect it to become such a part of my life!


Here is a recap of the year:

I began the blog talking about my favorite trends for summer: bright dresses, bright nail polish, and Alfred Sung. The summer held some longing for Montreal, and lots of love for the fashion world. In the fall I exposed my love of Rachel Zoe’s book “Style A to Zoe”, and of various fashion blogs. I also attended my first Atlantic Fashion Week and fell in love with designs by Sunsets on the Eastside and Veronica MacIssac.


Leading up to Christmas, I embarked on the 25 Days of Fashion, during which I posted my outfits for each day and gave everything I didn’t wear in those 25 days to charity! It was a great way to get into the holiday spirit. In honor of the new year, I also posted my top 5 charitable causes, because being charitable is always fashionable.

The Winter also had me signing up for my first sewing class at NSCAD, and planning a trip to Toronto! My crazy fashion new years resolutions included gaining 25 blog followers (and other things like meeting Jeanne Beker, which likely will not happen, but one can dream). While mourning the death of Alexander McQueen I posted about my adventures in Toronto, giving you the scoop on Forever 21, Leigh & Harlow, Fresh Collective and Katie.


In the Spring I challenged myself to make fashion fun – I dressed as my favorite cartoon females for a week! With a little help from friends, I think I pulled off some great looks inspired by the likes of April O’Neil, Daisy Duck, and Daphne from Scooby Doo. I posted my thoughts on many fashion events in Hali in the Spring as well, from Atlantic Fashion Week, to the Dress for Success Tea Party/Fashion Show, to NSCAD’s Wearable Art Show (my highlight was definitely the Pheonix Dress, by Derrick Dixon). All were fabulous and represented the diverse world of fashion in Halifax.


Recently my posts have focused on more events in the Hali fashion world, including networking events at Urbanity and Turbine. It is gearing up to be a busy and fashionable summer, so stay tuned. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Am a fellow Nova Scotian living in Paris, and am head of admissions for a bi-lingual fashion school. Our students enjoy instruction from seasoned professionals from major haute couture houses like Chanel, JP Gaultier, Nina Ricci, Dior etc.. Our student body is comprised of people from all over the world, but sadly none from Canada! We have a great summer workshop as well as semester and academic year! Why not come study for the summer or a semester... Check us out!
    http://www.parisamericanacademy.fr

    ReplyDelete