Sunday, April 18, 2010

LG Fashion Week 2010

Get ready for a ton of posts while I watch today's Fashion Television and catch up with all of my recent fashion thoughts after the whirlwind of AFW.

First up: Review of LG Fashion Week

My favorites included pieces from (in no particular order):


Katrina Tuttle. This local fashion maven has been living and breathing fashion since her younger days, and she has recently risen to the top of the fashion scene in Atlantic Canada. She was the first east coast designer to participate in Toronto's Fashion Week. She is a great ambassador for the Halifax fashion scene for many reasons, including fabulous quotes like: "I believe that great fashion comes from an incredible passion and the rawest forms of inspiration."

You can find out more about her designs at http://www.katrinatuttle.com/pages/home_main.html

The pieces she showed in Toronto were lovely neutrals with fantastic layering possbilities. Her tailoring and the details in each piece are just phenomenal and give her line so much character.














Preloved. Since 1995, this line has been providing the fashion world with pieces created from "rebuilt" vintage clothing. Very interesting looks:














Lovas by Wesley Badanjak. The pieces presented by Badanjak are truly, as described, modern silhouettes. They look like they belong on the runway, but I could easily see myself wearing any one of these looks in the daily grind.

I especially love the bright pinks, which bring out lovely visions of spring.














David Dixon. I really wanted to be in love with Dixon's Barbie line, but it felt retro in a way that I just don't think was my style. I did, however, love his own line with pieces like this dress, which I would fully endorse my Barbie wearing:













Coccolily. I really adore the entire aesthetic of the show, with the big curly hair and the natural and edgy blend of makeup. The collection was a perfect combination of work and play, with terrifically feminine details like ruffles, pouf sleeves, bows, and lace. You can see that designer Naana Tennachie Yankey stays true to the idea that women deserve to be draped in luxury.
























Evan Biddell. I have a certain sense of fondness towards Biddell because I have a certain friend who was absolutely in love with him. The clothes, though, speak for themselves. The amount of detail in these two dresses is to die for.













To tell you the truth, there were a few pieces that I was not too fond of in fashion week overall, but fashion is meant to be loved, and I feel like there's no point in sharing anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment