Sunday, April 18, 2010

Atlantic Fashion Week - Designer Showcase

What a great night the Designer Showcase turned out to be, despite the cold weather! This time the venue was the World Trade Convention Centre in Windows on the 8th floor. Decor was excellent! Every seat felt like the front row because of the layout, and the runway took an interesting twist around the room.

The room was comfortably full - not too packed, but not empty feeling. There was excitement in the air. My seat was luckily close to the point in the runway where the models stopped for photos, so I got a few from the side view that show off the lovely designs of the evening.

The show began with Lisa Drader-Murphy and Joanne Lawen as our lovely MCs, introducing the show and everyone involved. They looked super stylish - Lisa was rocking some absolutely fabulous red shoes, and Joanne was wearing an equally fabulous multi-layered pinstripe skirt. (I was at the wrong end of the room, so my photos don't really do them justice!)

Stanfields was up first with some samples of Nova Scotian made underwear. All I can say is, there are some good looking men in Halifax, and underwear have never seemed so in style.

Next on the runway was Maxwell-John Designs. They have definitely leapt on the chance to develop sexy and fun clothing for women. I could truly see my friends going out in their frocks.


Third to the stage was 3 Elements. The looks were perfectly girly, and so great for summer.

I am a huge fan of the pieces decorated with the fabric flowers. They look so delicate and fresh.













Sunsets on the Eastside was up next. I was expecting something fresh and energetic, and I wasn't disappointed when the runway was filled with neutral pieces energized with bright patterns. I won't dwell on the fact that they are amazing designers. I will, however, post a photo of my fave look, and of the designers themselves. Check out more about the designers and their line at http://www.sunsetsontheeastside.com/













Orphanage Clothing served us something edgy and creative, as they always do, with the big shoulders that plenty of designers have been using this year. They seem to be more organic as part of Orphanage's line though, not just part of the trend.

I also adore the look of zippers along the length of an outfit, as with both pieces pictured! So stylish.













Last but most certainly not least, Veronica MacIsaac's line took the stage. Prepare to be dazzled by a plethora of celtic inspired outfits, inspired this year by the late great Alexander McQueen.













The Designer Showcase, as expected, was exciting and inspiring. I can't wait for the next season!

For more on Atlantic Fashion Week, visit the official blog of the events: http://parisalamode.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment