Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finally - The T.O. Blog

I am taking a break from cutting out pieces of fabric for my sewing class design. Thank goodness, because I need to post all the fashionable details of my Toronto trip.

Stop #1: Forever 21. Hooray! I must say, it has been a long wait. Ordering cute headbands and tops from the website just isn't the same. I was in such a hurry to get there that I ditched my suitcases with the bellhop at the hotel instead of actually checking into the room first.

It was actually really refreshing to be in a store where you could create so many looks. I was equally impressed (as someone who works in retail) that they had someone to greet you at the door.












I picked up a few cardigans (like 5 - when they are $20 its hard to say no!).





















I also got this adorable owl necklace. This is a big deal because I rarely wear jewelry, but it was just too cute.












Stop #2: After Forever 21, I checked my bags and went for Dim Sum with my travel-mate. I wore one of those brand new cardigans, and loved the total chaos of the Dim Sum place. I ate so many things I could not even pick out of a line-up - choosing your food from a cart while the waitress yells the names of dishes in chinese takes some skill. Quite an experience.












Stop #3: Leigh & Harlow. Pure class, and yet, totally casual clothing. I didn't get anything - I think I had cold feet for Toronto-shopping. If I ever go back to T.O. I will definitely pick up some of their printed tees. They also had cute tops with great detailing (see the photo!).












Stop #4: Fresh Collective. This is actually really a refreshing idea. It is a designer run boutique on Queen St. W. Designers display and sell their products in the shop, and they each work there one night a week. I saw so many designs I wanted to take home with me, but I settled on this fabulous top from 'the candi factory' (I'm almost positive):












Visit http://www.freshcollective.com/ for details, and check out my photos of the shop:













Stop #5: I could have sworn I read about Katie in a magazine, but I can not remember which one (of course). The dresses are all one-size-fits-all, and there are plenty of styles. To tell the truth, I was actually pretty impressed that the one-size-fits-all thing held true. The frocks had really elastic waists, so they looked like they would fit a much smaller size, but I found a bunch that fit me, and I'm usually an XL.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I saw the featured shirt from Leigh and Harlow on the new Canadian show 'Dan for Mayor' - perfect!

    ReplyDelete